Sunday 7 April 2013

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I read this classic a few weeks back and only just got round to letting you know what I thought. In short, it was OK. I read it on the Aldiko e-reader on my phone which may have been part of the problem. At the start I was lapping up page after page but slowly started to only read a few at a time. By page 150 I was stuttering on a few pages a day at best due to 'life' ie kids, shop falling through etc. I fell into a bad habit and need to rectify it once more.

I enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the lavish adaptation taken on by Baz 'Moulin Rouge' Lurhmann this summer but think I may have to read it again in the future, in BOOK FORM, to really 'get it'.

Six cushions on the comfometer

Here's the trailer for the up-coming film with the 'Can-do-no-wrong' Leo DiCaprio.


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment