Monday 19 November 2012

Welcome to the blog

Come in, come in. It's cold outside. Let me tell you a story about our shop...

Firstly, Hi. My name is Michael. I live in Nuneaton which is pretty much smack bang in the centre of England. It's in the county of Warwickshire where super literary heavyweight Billy Shakespeare heralded from. He was from the southern part of the county though. Nuneaton holds its own treasure in the form of George Eliot.

To cut a long boring story short, I am in the process of opening a bricks and mortar shop in the town centre of Nuneaton. A property has been found and paperwork is being processed. It could be a week or it could be 3 months til i hear word, but it's a start. To mark a start I have opened the shop online, selling second hand books. When the real-life shop opens I'll host a lovely little coffee shop and also sell local trinkets. Throughout the week we'll be hosting acoustic music nights, comedy nights, game days and nights and try our hardest to accommodate as many different clubs as possible.

In the meantime, please visit the website www.thebigcomfybookshop.co.uk.

On here I'll be updating you on the process of the shop, reviewing my favourite books, telling you about Nuneaton news in general and hopefully, spreading the word about The Big Comfy Bookshop.

Please follow us on twitter on @bigcomfybooks and on Facebook, where we have up to the second info on the shop, and also our Book Of The Day (#botd1).

Michael

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this to get going, and I'm not even in the UK to enjoy it! Not yet anyway, when we get back I'll be sure to stock up...

    (NOTE: I couldn't comment simply as a 'guest' here, I had to choose from a small selection of e-mail domains to comment, which is a bit bum. Can you change that for the future?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rob. I've changed the privacy settings so it should be a lot easier next time x

      Delete
  2. P.S.
    I LOVE the font of this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete